Books, Balls and Blocks is a FREE event for children between the ages of 4 months and 6 years! Books, Balls and Blocks includes:
• Fun activities for children: Halloween games and art activities, interactive stories, and more!
• Activities for parents to do at home.
• Early childhood development and early literacy screenings.
• Book giveaways.
• Light refreshments.
Books, Balls and Blocks will be hosted at four locations throughout Niagara county (click each date to see the flyer for that date):
- Saturday, Oct. 14, from 1-3 p.m. at the Niagara Falls Public Library (1425 Main St, Niagara Falls, NY 14305)
- Thursday, Oct. 19, from 11-1 p.m. at the Lasalle Public Library (8728 Buffalo Ave, Niagara Falls, NY 14304)
- Wednesday, Oct. 25, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Lockport Public Library (23 East Ave, Lockport, NY 14109)
- Thursday, Oct. 26, from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the Niagara University Family Literacy Center (Academic Complex Room 125)
If you have any questions or would like further details, please call Niagara University at 716.286.8309.
Because Help Me Grow Western New York believes the early years matter most, we are proud to be a FREE information resource providing families with connections to community services and child development information.
Join us at the WNY Children’s Book Expo for a fun, educational, and exciting event for children under 5! As their children engage in games and activities at different stations, parents can learn how these interactions help stimulate their child’s development. Parents will also be given resources and fun activities that they can do with their child at home!
Evidence shows when families, communities and schools work together, students are more successful and the entire community benefits. Learn from expert national and state leaders, thinkers and innovators in the Family Engagement community.
This 2017 conference supports all who strive for excellence in family-school-community partnerships. Participants will be immersed in many, many examples of evidence-based practice and high-impact engagement work taking place across the country as well as locally in Western New York. Participants will share and inspire discussion on the most important themes across family and community engagement. This conference offers a unique opportunity to build strong alliances, organize collaboratively and realize mutual goals.
When: Thursday, November 30, 2017, from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: Salvatores Italian Garden, 6461 Transit Rd., Depew, NY 14043
For further information, please visit www.wnyfamilyengagement.org
Registration is $100 payable by credit card or check. Check must be received no later than November 9, 2017 or the registration will be canceled. New registrations after November 9th will be $150.