Help Me Grow
Building a Child’s Well-Being Is Like Building a House.
A house needs a strong foundation to build upon. Children need a strong foundation to support their development and reach their full potential.
The Early Years of a Child’s Life Are Important
The early years of a child’s life are critical for their later health and development. A baby’s brain grows very quickly when a mother is expecting and during the early years of life. Although the brain will continue to develop and change over a person’s lifetime, the first five years build a foundation for future
Children Need to Play and Explore Safely
Young children need safe, nurturing places where they can play and explore. How the brain grows is strongly affected by a child’s experiences with other people and the world. Children grow and learn best in a safe environment with plenty of opportunities to play and explore. Parents and other caregivers support healthy brain growth by talking to, playing with, and caring for a child.
The More You Know, the Stronger They Grow
Click the choices below to find out more about developmental milestones, positive parenting tips, child safety, and how to help children build healthy bodies.
- Complete a child development questionnaire for your child.
- Learn what’s happening in your child’s brain and body—and how you can support his or her growth.
- Learn five ways to strengthen your family so you can raise strong, healthy, happy children.
- Learn about child development milestones.
- Download a milestone tracking app.
- Explore more resources.
- Click your county on the map below to connect with a family resource specialist if you have questions about your child’s development or want to find out about local resources for your family.
Help Me Grow is available in some New York State communities at this time. Click your county on the map below to find out more.