What is Help Me Grow?
Help Me Grow is a FREE resource connecting your patients to community resources and child development information. Help Me Grow’s target population is children ages 0-5 years old.
More specifically, we offer the following services:
- Information on general child development and parenting topics
- Referrals to community resources for developmental, behavioral or learning concerns, such as early intervention agencies, family therapy, literacy support, recreational opportunities and much more!
- Care coordination to ensure that families successfully connect with resources
- Developmental questionnaires: the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ), for children ages 0-65 months (approx. 5.5 years)
- Partnerships with service providers and child health providers
What role do you play as the health care provider?
As a health care provider, you are in a powerful position to refer families to resources promoting healthy development and happy families. One of these resources is Help Me Grow!
What do you—the health care provider—get out of participating in Help Me Grow?
In addition to the added care coordination your patients will receive through us, Help Me Grow will send you (with the family’s permission) a copy of your patient’s ASQ-3 results (if applicable) and any other resources provided to that family.
Interested in learning more on how to partner with Help Me Grow and talk about possible training sessions for your staff?
Call 2-1-1 & press 7, or
– In Western New York: email Connie Desmarais, Outreach Coordinator
– In Long Island: email Melissa Passarelli, Coordinator if you are interested in implementing a standardized developmental screening in your practice, and/or Maintenance of Certification opportunities for pediatricians and family practice physicians.
– In Onondaga: email Laurie Black, HMG Coordinator
Milestones matter! Track your child’s milestones from age 2 months to 5 years with CDC’s easy-to-use illustrated checklists; get tips from CDC for encouraging your child’s development; and find out what to do if you are ever concerned about how your child is developing.
From birth to age 5, your child should reach milestones in how he or she plays, learns, speaks, acts, and moves. Photos and videos in this app illustrate each milestone and make tracking them for your child easy and fun!
- Add a Child – enter personalized information about your child or multiple children
- Milestone Tracker – track your child’s developmental progress by looking for important milestones using an interactive, illustrated checklist
- Milestone Photos and Videos – know what each milestone looks like so that you can better identify them in your own child
- Tips and Activities – support your child’s development at every age
- When to Act Early – know when it’s time to “act early” and talk with your child’s doctor about developmental concerns
- Appointments – keep track of your child’s doctors’ appointments and get reminders about recommended developmental screenings
- Milestone Summary – get a summary of your child’s milestones to view, and share with or email to your child’s doctor and other important care providers
This app was developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” program with contribution from Dr. Rosa Arriaga and students from the Computing for Good program at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA.