Are you interested in events shared by Buffalo & Erie County Library? Follow this link to search for fun and educational activities available for children!
Learn & Play Tip-a-Day App
Want a free app (available for both Android and Apple devices) that will boost the healthy growth and development of young children–from their first months of life through Kindergarten–use this free app provided by Brookes Publishing. Download the app
For questions and information on child development, the following resources may help. Click on the links to be connected with resources with the mission of helping you expand your knowledge about child development. And remember, Help Me Grow is always just a phone call away to help you answer your questions. Just call 2-1-1 & press 7.
Children with Special Needs/Medical Concerns
- Early Intervention
- Early Childhood Direction Center
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Healthy Children
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Health and Safety
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Prevent Child Abuse
- New York Baby’s First Test
- Women’s Health
(Click on the title above and be directed to the CDC’s page to download the App.)
Milestones matter! Track your child’s milestones from age 2 months to 5 years with CDC’s easy-to-use illustrated checklists; get tips from CDC for encouraging your child’s development; and find out what to do if you are ever concerned about how your child is developing.
From birth to age 5, your child should reach milestones in how he or she plays, learns, speaks, acts, and moves. Photos and videos in this app illustrate each milestone and make tracking them for your child easy and fun!
- Add a Child – enter personalized information about your child or multiple children
- Milestone Tracker – track your child’s developmental progress by looking for important milestones using an interactive, illustrated checklist
- Milestone Photos and Videos – know what each milestone looks like so that you can better identify them in your own child
- Tips and Activities – support your child’s development at every age
- When to Act Early – know when it’s time to “act early” and talk with your child’s doctor about developmental concerns
- Appointments – keep track of your child’s doctors’ appointments and get reminders about recommended developmental screenings
- Milestone Summary – get a summary of your child’s milestones to view, and share with or email to your child’s doctor and other important care providers
This app was developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” program with contribution from Dr. Rosa Arriaga and students from the Computing for Good program at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA.